Living Life to the Fullest...

October 18, 2009

LOVER's Review


Not really a big fan of telenovelas but because my mom loved to watch this show I have no choice to watch it with her… one in particular would be Lover in Paris a Korean series that was translated to Tagalog (oo naman noh… kasi kung hindi puro anyong haseo na lang ang maririnig mo).

As far as I can remember it’s about a young woman named Vivian who was struggling in Paris. And eventually she worked as a maid for Carlo who is a Business man and the uncle of Martin who is a Bum. The story revolved around the character of Vivian who was turn between Martin and Carlo.

Now the Filipino version of Lover’s In Paris staring KC Concepcion, Piolo Pascual and Zanjo Marudo, portraying the roles of Vivian, Carlo and Martin. And on the first day that it was shown on television, I can’t help but notice one thing… I find the acting of KC Concepcion a little bit of KULANG… I don’t know, maybe I’m trying to compare her to Kang Tae-young (Vivian).


Vivian’s character is a simple yet spunky girl with an optimistic outlook on life, she may be goofy at times but her warm, spontaneous personality makes everyone gravitate towards her.

And in a way KC is trying to be spontaneous and warm in her acting, but I guess the spunky and goofy side of her character she can’t deliver. Remember one scene they had with a French man who thought she was a prostitute, if a man would tell you how much for a one night stand. I believe that for a typical Filipinas reaction would be furious, but KC just acted like she doesn’t want to be a prostitute or the way she embraced the scene was really boring.

I know KC is a great actress and I really like her… but for me the role of Vivian is not right for her… I would rather love to see KC doing roles of a KONTRABIDA.
posted by Borj at 8:07 AM

2 Comments:

i like the original version...

October 22, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

yah... i think this version really sucks

November 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home